When it comes to Eclipse knowledge, are you newborn vampire? Or does your expertise rival that of the Volturi? Find out just how well you know the third book in the Twilight Saga with this quiz.
And if this doesn't satisfy your Twilight thirst, check out our previous quizzes: Twilight Quiz, Twilight Movie Quiz, and New Moon Quiz.
1. What college does Bella apply to in Alaska, where there are "grizzlies galore"?
University of Alaska Southeast
University of Alaska Fairbanks
University of Alaska Anchorage
Alaska Pacific University
Answer: A) While all four of these schools exist, it's the University of Alaska Southeast with its main campus in Juneau that Bella selected.
2. In Chapter 9, Bella returns home from her "slumber party" with Alice to discover someone has been in her room. Who was it?
D) We'll let Meyer answer this one
herself: "It was Riley. He is not a totally wild newborn — he's past his first year and better able to keep his perspective. If he'd been as strong as the younger newborns in the clearing, Seth might not have won that fight. Also, Victoria prepared him very carefully for the foray. He was (to phrase it delicately) quite well fed before he went to Forks."
3. As fans well know, the book covers for the Twilight Saga are rife with symbolism. What does the broken red ribbon on the cover of Eclipse represent?
Bella's breaking with her family
Bella's Edward vs. Jacob choice
Bella's breaking with her human life
Bella's choice to leave childhood behind
C) While all of these ideas have been discussed by fans, Meyer is quoted
as saying, "The ribbon for me is about the idea of your trying to break away from your old life. And it's never a clean cut. There's always some of those threads that are so hard to break and for me that's Bella thinking that she can just walk away from her human life and it's really not that simple."
4. Which of the following things did Stephenie Meyer NOT do before the release of Eclipse?
Lock her MySpace comments
Post the first chapter of the book
Give a reading of the first chapter of the book
Post daily quotes from the book
Answer: B) Meyer gave a reading of the first chapter at the Eclipse proms she hosted at Arizona State University, published daily quotes from the book on her website in the month leading up to the release, and locked her MySpace comments to prevent spoilers after Barnes & Noble accidentally shipped out some pre-orders of the book too early. While the first chapter of Eclipse appeared in a special New Moon edition published a few months before the third book's release, Meyer never posted the chapter on her website.
5. Playing Maria, the vampire who finds Jasper and creates the newborn armies during the Southern vampire wars, is not Catalina Sandino Moreno's first fighting role. Which of these roles was?
A combatant in The Milagro Beanfield War
The revolutionary army leader in Like Water for Chocolate
A member of Castro's army in Ché
The assassin-hiring wife of a drug lord in Traffic
Answer: C) Moreno played Ernesto "Che" Guevara's second wife, Aleida March, who meets him while they are both members of Fidel Castro's revolutionary army.
6. According to Meyer, what is Jacob's biggest mistake, or "tragic flaw," in Eclipse?
Hoping he'll win Bella's heart
Having the tendency to overreact
A lack of self-knowledge
He doesn't have one
D) Again, we'll let Meyer answer this one
herself: "Jacob doesn't have a tragic flaw. He has one goal and one hope. His goal is to save Bella's life. His hope is that he'll win her heart in the process. He fails at both. But that doesn't mean he regrets trying. If he could do it over again, he'd do the same thing."
7. Which of the following songs was NOT on Stephenie Meyer's playlist for the book?
"Mr. Brightside" by The Killers
"Muse" by Assassin
"Blackout" by MuseCrystal
"Hysteria" by Muse
B) This song, however, was on Meyer's Breaking Dawn
8. Who was the first new cast member announced for third movie in the Twilight Saga?
A) Bryce Dallas Howard
C) Xavier Samuel
D) Jodelle Ferland
Answer: C) News that unknown Australian actor Xavier Samuel has landed the role of Riley came on July 16, 2009.
9. Which of the following was NOT rumored as a possible director for Eclipse?
A) Paul Weitz
B) Chris Columbus
C) Juan Antonio Bayona
D) Drew Barrymore
Answer: B) While there's been news that Chris Columbus once took a glance at the Eclipse script, he was never a seriously rumored contender for directing the movie.
10. Who is the author of the work that precedes the preface in Eclipse?
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Moses (or whoever wrote the "Book of Genesis")
Answer: C) Robert Frost's poem "Fire & Ice" serves as the epigraph for the third book in the Twilight Saga.
Blind (0-3 correct) -- Hmmm, were you thinking of this 1994 movie?
Green Eyes (4-6 correct) -- Your pathetic lack of Eclipse knowledge makes you a mere mortal.
Black Eyes (7-9 correct) -- It's clear you've partaken at Eclipse fansites, but you are in need of further feeding.
Topaz Eyes (10 correct) -- Congratulations, honorary Cullen, you've clearly sated your Eclipse thirst!