Why We Love XIII's Stuart Townsend
03.17.13 by Kip
It’s St. Patrick’s day, and that means a celebration of all things Irish. So let's celebrate Reelz’ very own Irish star Stuart Townsend by revealing a few reasons why we love him, and why you should too. Let’s get the obvious out of the way first.
• He’s Irish – and that means Irish accent, and who doesn't love an Irish accent?.
• He’s easy on the eyes – even when he’s scraggly and unshaven.
• He’s the star and title character of XIII. Townsend plays an American who finds out he’s Irish, and with a special twist for season two, more layers of Irish/American/Irish are added creating a sort of Irishman Inception.
A Brand New Puzzle
Season Finale Friday at 10p E/ 9p P
He’s also smart, passionate and classy
• In 2007, Townsend debuted his talents as a writer and director with Battle in Seattle, a political thriller that showcases the clash between protesters and police during the 1999 World Trade Organization conference in Seattle.
• It’s no surprise that his debut was political in nature, because Townsend is very political. Although he is Irish, Townsend has lived in America for years now, and keeps himself educated and active in American politics. You don’t have to agree with him to appreciate his passion for the country he lives in. Check out his twitter to find out more about the causes close to his heart.
• Although they are broken up now, Stuart Townsend and Charlize Theron brought the spotlight to the fight for equal marriage rights. Though in a long-term relationship, the pair refused to get married because marriage was not available to all. You might say that since they’re not together anymore, their stance was just for show, or just to avoid walking down the aisle. Keep in mind though that with Hollywood relationships being as hectic as they are, they managed to stay strong for nine solid years, and in that time Britney Spears could have been married and divorced roughly 1,433 times.
• He was in a committed, monogamous relationship with Charlize Theron, a smart, talented, classy gal, and when they broke up, the two kept it out of the tabloids. But that’s really a reason to love the both of them.
• Rumor is his new leading lady is Parker Posey, and we absolutely love her. Quirky girls unite!
• And lastly, he appeared in two of our favorite guilty-pleasure movies, Queen of the Damned as Lestat, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as Dorian Gray.
Make sure you show the love to Stuart Townsend on this day (and every day) and make sure to catch the new season of XIII when it premiers on Friday, March 29th at 10p E/ 7p P.