Iron Man Sequel Update
09.30.08 by REELZ
With today's DVD release of Iron Man, it seems
fitting to review recent developments regarding the sequel prospects for
Marvel's armor-clad superhero.
Here's what we know:
- Iron Man 2 is currently scheduled for an April 30,
- Principal Iron Man players Robert Downey Jr.,
Terrence Howard, and director Jon Favreau have all signed on for the follow-up
(although Favs reportedly almost didn't make the cut).
- Justin Theroux (Tropic Thunder, Charlie's Angels:
Full Throttle) is writing the script.
Here's what we expect:
- Iron Man 2 will be shot in 3-D, IMAX, or possibly
- Howard's character, Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, will don Iron Man's Mark II suit
and become War Machine.
- Faran Tahir (he played Tony Stark's terrorist
abductor Raza in Iron Man) will reemerge as the villain Mandarin.
- Tony Stark will hit the bottle, hard.
We'll be sure to keep you updated as Iron Man
sequel details emerge. In the meantime, be sure to check out our article "The Future
of Iron Man" for a deeper look at what lies ahead for Tony Stark and his
superhero alter ego.