REELZ Fest™ Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Burgers Recipe
No worries about when to put the cheese on the burger during the grilling process, we put Monterey Jack cheese right in the patty for these cheese-stuffed turkey burgers. To add a spicy kick, try serving them with chipotle mayo.
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1 pound shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 12 hamburger buns split
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper and form into 2 two-inch patties. Place a scant tablespoon of cheese in the middle of one patty and top with the other. Gently press the edges of the patty together to create a seal. Repeat with the rest of the ground turkey to make 12 burgers.
- Grill burgers until cooked through, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Place on buns and serve immediately.
Recipe Notes: Filling a turkey burger with cheese instead of placing the cheese on top is a great way to keep the burger juicy and keep the cheese from burning! We love this recipe with Monterey Jack cheese, but you could use any cheese you like.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com