REELZ Fest Pasta Primavera Recipe
No worries about when to put the cheese on the burger during the grilling process, we put Monterey Jack cheese right in the patty for these cheese-stuffed turkey burgers. To add a spicy kick, try serving them with chipotle mayo.
For Herbed Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound cooked penne pasta
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 squash
- ¾ cup cubed, thick sliced, smoked bacon, cooked until crispy
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
For Garlic Aioli Cream:
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Garlic Aioli Cream: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the top off the head of garlic, exposing the cloves. Pour the olive oil over the exposed garlic cloves and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until garlic is soft. Cool.
- In a medium saucepan combine the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce the mixture until about 1 ¼ cup remains, about 10 minutes. Squeeze the garlic cloves into a medium sized bowl and mix with the mayonnaise. Whisk in the cream mixture until smooth.
- Pour 1 cup of the Garlic Aioli Cream over the cooked pasta. Set aside.
- For the Pasta: Preheat grill to 350-400 degrees. Slice squash and zucchini lengthwise in ½ – inch slices and drizzle with olive oil. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once. Slightly cool and cut into chunks.
- In a medium bowl, mix the squash, zucchini, lemon juice, bacon, olives, and tomatoes. Add to the pasta and gently toss. Season with salt, pepper, and garnish with the parsley. Serve the remaining cream on the side.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com