REELZFest™ Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Pesto Mayo Recipe
- Zucchini 4 sliced in 1/4 inch thick
- Yellow squashes 4 sliced in rounds
- Red Onions sliced in 1-inch wide strips
- Eggplants 2 large sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- Olive Oil 6 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise 3/4-1cup
- Prepared pesto 8 onces
- Sliced mozzarella 16 thin slices
- Italian thick white bread 16 slices
- Heat the grill.
- Slice all the vegetables, brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before placing them on the grill
- Grill until vegetables are soft and have grill marks
- Combine the pesto and mayo to make pesto mayo
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and grill till toasted
- Assemble sandwiches with mozzarella, vegetables, and pesto mayo
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com