Three New Series and Three New Specials Join Your Favorites This Fall on Reelz
08/09/2016 by REELZ
A lineup full of “Real Lives. Real Stories. Real Celebrities” is coming your way starting Sept. 10 on REELZ. New series include Rich and Acquitted, Hollywood Homicide Uncovered and Scandal Made Me Famous. New documentary specials include Titanic: Sinking the Myths, Karen Carpenter: Goodbye to Love and Reagan: From Movie Star to President. Rounding out new fall programming are returning series Autopsy: The Last Hours of… and Gangsters: America’s Most Evil.
“We are very excited to show viewers our fall slate of new series, high quality specials and returning hit series,” said Steve Cheskin, SVP of REELZ Programming. “We’ve been working with some of the best production partners in the business to create a strong lineup of programming that continues our commitment to showing the real stories behind real lives and real celebrities.”
Starting on Sept. 10 celebrities and crime collide with the premiere of two new original series, Rich and Acquitted and Hollywood Homicide Uncovered. First up is Rich and Acquitted at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT where fame and the all-powerful dollar can weigh down the scales of justice. See how Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Oscar Pistorius and Robert Blake were all rich and acquitted. Then at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT it’s the premiere of Hollywood Homicide Uncovered with shocking homicides where a celebrity is at the center of a murder—either as the victim or the perpetrator. The stories of Robert Blake, Phil Spector, OJ Simpson, Dorothy Stratten, Tupac Shakur and Phil Hartman are all on Hollywood Homicide Uncovered.
October and November mark the premieres for three original documentary specials:
- On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT Titanic: Sinking the Myths will premiere and scuttle several popular myths that have taken on lives of their own due. The documentary will also reveal how a massive shipping conglomerate gambled with the 2,228 lives aboard the Titanic in an effort to protect its financial interests.
- On Saturday, Nov. 5 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT it’s the premiere of the biopic, Karen Carpenter: Goodbye to Love, which details the singer’s life and legacy through interviews from both close friends and Carpenters insiders.
- Rounding out the network’s new documentary specials is Reagan: From Movie Star to President, which will premiere Sat., Nov. 12 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT. The special is based on the book Reagan: The Life by New York Times by bestselling biographer and Pulitzer Prize nominee H.W. Brands, and presents the story of Reagan’s rise from humble Midwest roots to movie star and ultimately to the pinnacle of power as President of the United States.
Also coming to REELZ this fall:
- On Saturday, Nov. 19 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT Autopsy: The Last Hours of… returns with new episodes examining the final days and events of Chris Farley, Casey Kasem, Richard Prior, Bruce Lee, Steve McQueen and many more. Then at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT it’s the premiere of Scandal Made Me Famous, telling the unforgettable stories that turned everyday people into household names, including the stories of Casey Anthony, Amy Fisher and Lorena Bobbitt.
- Plus, on Tuesday, Dec. 6 it’s the return of original series Gangsters: America’s Most Evil, which chronicles the true stories of the rise and fall of some of the most unsavory celebrities of the underworld that have so often been dramatically portrayed in movies and television.